Privacy statement job portal
Area of application
This privacy statement applies to all persons applying for a job at Contovista. It informs you about the nature, scope and purpose of collecting and processing your personal data (hereinafter ‘Application data’).
Legal basis for processing
Your application data will be processed with your consent for the purposes specified in section 4. In each case, your application data will be stored and processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
- Processed categories of application data
a. Categories of processed application data
Depending on the job advertisement and the documents submitted, Contovista will process the following categories of application data for the purposes specified in section 4:
- Contact and identification data such as your last name, first name, title, address, email address, telephone number
- Personal data such as gender, date and place of birth, nationality, residence status, work permit, marital status, language, data pertaining to relatives, hobbies or interests;
- Employment background, education and further training such as professional qualifications, certifications and experience, previous employers and their contact details, referees and their contact details;
- Data regarding your desired salary requirements/remuneration and, where applicable, advantages such as bonuses, etc.;
- Where applicable, identity documents (passport number, any national identification numbers and immigration status)
- Interaction and usage data: correspondence, recorded voice messages, date and time of a telephone call, information from interviews, etc.;
- Where applicable, information from third-party sources (e.g. information from official registers; information from recruitment agencies; reference information);
- All other application data you provide to us as part of your application.
- If you provide us with referee details in the context of the application process, we will assume that you have obtained the consent of the respective person for their data to be processed by us.
b. Verification of personal data
For certain positions, Contovista will be obligated to verify your details (e.g. regarding your identity, educational level or professional experience) or to perform checks before you are recruited (e.g. in relation to criminal convictions (extract from register of criminal records) or your financial situation (extract from debt collection register)).
The extent of the checks required will depend on the position concerned and is usually carried out as late as possible in the recruitment process and, in most cases, after you have been selected for the position. If your application is successful, we will provide you with further information on the checks in question and obtain all necessary consent prior to performing these checks.
Purposes of processing your data
All application data will be stored solely for the purpose of conducting the application process in relation to your possible employment. As far as is permissible, it will be evaluated and processed for communication with you, for verifying qualifications and suitability (assessments), for a possible interview, as well as for the assessment as to whether an employment relationship is justified or not.
Your application data will be stored in a data centre in Switzerland.
Transfer of or access to application data
Application data will be managed by an external service provider, which processes data on a contractual basis for us. We have commissioned finnova AG Bankware, Merkurstrasse 6, 5600 Lenzburg as an external service provider for application data management.
Finnova will process application data only for the purpose of application data management and for providing the associated services. Finnova will be bound by our instructions in the context of data processing and will be regularly checked in this regard. Finnova will receive application data only to the extent necessary for the performance of the specifically agreed order processing. Otherwise, the application data will only be transferred or otherwise disclosed to uninvolved third parties if legal provisions allow or provide for this, if they are necessary for the fulfilment of legal obligations, or if we have your consent to do so.
Cookies and third-party cookies
Contovista takes data protection very seriously and treats your submitted application data confidentially and in accordance with legal provisions. Technical and organisational measures have been taken to ensure an adequate level of protection. Your application data is protected against loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and unauthorised access in accordance with state-of-the-art technology. The security standard is continually adapted to the latest technological developments. Our employees and commissioned service providers are obligated to maintain confidentiality and only act within the framework of our instructions.
Storage duration and data deletion
Your application data will be stored and processed for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. If the application process does not result in recruitment, we will delete your application data no later than six months after you have been informed about the completion of the application process, unless a statutory period stipulates a longer retention or we are allowed to store your application data for the fulfilment of legal obligations or for the defence or assertion of legal claims.
If you start a job at Contovista, your application data, or an extract from it, will be added to your personnel file.
Rights/Withdrawal of consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent to data processing without justification with future effect:
by email to email@example.com
by post to Contovista AG, Human Resources, Wiesenstrasse 5, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
without affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the withdrawal.
In addition, you may request information regarding your stored application data at any time and request/perform corrections or have application data deleted. You may also lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Contact details for the responsible body
Contovista AG, Human Resources, Wiesenstrasse 5, 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
Contovista reserves the right to amend this privacy statement at any time. The version published on our homepage in the context of applications is valid in each case.